Manor was formed in the 19th Century for the Polish noblemen’s Mole family at the present centre of the village Viski. Mole family was owners of 18 manors with 4,000 hectares of land back then. The manor was burnt in 1863 during the Polish rebellion and restored in 1878. After First World War it was destroyed for the second time.
Rating by site visitors:
Viski technical college, Viski parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Phone: +371 65425347
56°3'50.8" N, 26°45'46.3" E
More information ...
Cultural-historical objects ...
It was formed at the end of 19. century. The estate castle was placed in the centre of village in our days (behind the first study building of Višķu professional secondary school, in the direction of pond). It was castle with 2 towers. After the 1. World War the building burnt. It belonged to Hermanis and Liticija Moļi. In their possession was 18 half estates with 4000 ha earth. The earth was rented or it was in possession of landlords. Till our days are stayed barn, cattleshed, two storied dwelling house, where for a long years was study building of Višķi agricultural technical school.