MONUMENT TO THE 10TH AIZPUTE INFANTRY REGIMENT OF ZEMGALE DIVISION SOLDIERS FALLEN IN THE LATVIAN WAR OF INDEPENDENCE
Daugavpils Fortress garden, Daugavpils
Phone: +371 65424043. Mob.phone: +371 28686331
Piedruja parish, Piedruja, Krāslavas nov.
Phone: +371 29498354, +371 656 29632
The first church in Piedruja was a wooden building, had been built in 1632. It had been built by the Lithuanian State Chancellor Prince Leons Sapieha. This church had burned down, but in 1759 the current stone church was built. There is an illusive altar in Piedrujas Catholic church. Book your visit in advance.
Riebiņu nov., LV-5329
Phone: +371 27533033,
Between 7 Nikolaja and 9 Nikolaja Streets, Daugavpils, Daugavpils
Between 7 Nikolaja and 9 Nikolaja Streets, Daugavpils Fortress, Daugavpils
Phone: +371 65430253
Mihaila iela 3 (Daugavpils Fortress), Daugavpils
Phone: +371 65430279, +371 65430253. Mob.phone: +371 28257603
Domes iela 1, Līvāni, Līvānu nov., LV 5316
Phone: +371 653 81885. Mob.phone: +371 28603333
museum of crafts
Cirišu iela 8, Aglonas pagasts, Aglonas nov., LV 5304
Phone: 371 653 81109. Mob.phone: 371 29188740
Aglonas icon of Miracleworker Virgin. pictures of 14 Crossroad. White hall. In 1699. was built cloister. There is continuous adoration to St Altar Sacrament already 10 years.
Balda, Pušas pagasts, Rēzeknes nov., LV - 4635
Mob.phone: +371 29149131, +371 26562416
Mill buildings are built in the first half of the 19.century. Buildings with preserved corn milling inventory and instruments.
Brīvības iela 47, Balvi, Balvu nov., LV-4501
Phone: + 371 645 21430 (muzejs). Mob.phone: + 371 28352770
Estate castle (now Balvu primary school) and park, stable, estate barn
Bebrene, Bebrenes pagasts, Ilūkstes novads, Daugavpils rajons, Ilūkstes nov., LV-5439
Phone: +371 65407909. Mob.phone: +371 26109353
Bebrenes castle complex is placed in Bebrenes park, which is one of the most expressive english landscape style parks in Latvia. In castle complex is included in 1896. built counts Platers - Zibergs castle (now Bebrenes secondary school), castle gate, kitchen building, steward house, maisonnette above cellar, mill (1836.) and stables. Count Stanislavs Kostka Platers - Zibergs started to build the castle at the end of 19. century. He possessed Bebrenes estate. The most important castle building was built in French renesance style (Polish architect L. J. L. Markoni, 1834. - 1919.). There is partly saved catacomb from castle cellar to kitchen building till our days. In Bebrenes new cemetery is seen also counts family vault (built in 1875.)
Slutiski, Naujene parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov., LV-5462
Phone: +371 65471321
Rīgas iela 22a, Daugavpils
Mob.phone: +371 29461765
Varšavas iela 14, Daugavpils
Phone: +371 65413237
Riebiņi, Riebiņu pagasts, Riebiņu nov., LV 5326
Phone: 371 653 22041. Mob.phone: 371 20116431
It is located on the bank of not big river Feimanka, in the circle of centenarian linden. The castle was built in 19. century. It becomes famous with its variety of pictures and big and loud events. In the 20. century the rooms of the castle were given to the artists, writers and composers.
Ruskulova, Salnavas pagasts, Kārsavas nov., LV 5740
Mob.phone: 371 29327265
The estate was built on the side of czar's road from Russia to Europa in the 19. century. Around the wooden estate building was park with rare species of trees. It is on national protection. In the park was built original windmill. The excursions are led by guides of Salnava school.
Siverina, Rušonas pagasts, Riebiņu nov., LV 5329
The offering-stone on the Upursala (Offering island) - the old cult place of Latgallians, which is placed on the Upursala (Offering island) in Rušonu lake. In the centre part of Upursala is gaunt hill, where on the highest place of it is placed the stone, which also now is called as Upurakmens (Offering-stone) by people. The legends say, that some day on this stone was inscribed letters and lambs was taken here for sacrifice. There can't be seen the letters on the stone nowadays. The offering-stone is 1.2 m high, its perimeter on the ground is 5.5 m.
Kultūras laukums 6a, Viļāni, Viļānu novads, Viļānu nov., LV - 4650
Phone: +371 646 62413. Mob.phone: +371 26220802
The complex of abbey was built after traditional Bernardians abbey, with the atrium. It is one of the rare architectural monuments of such style from the 18. century in Latvia.
Ūdrīšu parish, Krāslavas nov., LV-5601
Phone: +371 656 22201
People can observe geological formations, more than 300 milj years old sandstones and white clay.
Brīvības iela 30, Krāslava, Krāslavas nov., LV-5601
Mob.phone: +371 26783660
Built in 1789 as a catholic chapel of St. Vincent hospital. In 1856 a piece of land was bought from count Platers in order to begin construction of a new church. The old St. Yuri church was torn down and a cross was put in the place of the demolished altar. Construction of the new church was finished in 08.09.1859 and it was consecrated in honor of Our Lady’s patronage. It was meant originally for both Orthodox and Old-believers. In 1867 it was consecrated as an Orthodox church. For visiting church please book in advance!