Located in Vecsaliena parish. It was built in a pine forest near the left bank of the River Daugava in 1819. A wooden church was built there in the ancient times. It is believed that the church was carried on a raft by one Russian serf. The church burned a few times, but it was restored each time. At first the church belonged to the Catholic community, but it was given back to Lutherans instead of Elerne church in the second half of the 18th century.
Rating by site visitors:
Vecsaliena parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Mob.phone: +371 26315707
55°52'55.1" N, 26°46'15.7" E
More information ...
Cultural-historical objects ...
It is located in the district Vecsaliena in the centre of pine forest, not far from the left bank of Daugava. In the dim past was here the small wooden church, which someone Latvian bondman with the help of raft brought it from Russia. The church was burnt down several times, but always restored. At the beginning it belonged to catholic parish, but in the second half of 18. century Catholics gave it to Lutheran. But for this they received the Church of Elerne. It was built in 1819. Near the church is placed Muravku old Lutheran cemetary with the old monuments.