LV EN LT RU DE

Old-Believers church

Russian Old-Believers have been living on the territory of Latgale for more than three hundred years. According to the information received, one of the Old-Believers’ church was on the Daugava’s bank in Rātuža Street. The Parish was offi­cially registered in 1850. A local merchant gave up his outbuildings to rebuild and make an Old-Believers church approximately in 1859. It was sanctified to the honour under the shelter of God-Mother. The Church caught fire on December 7, 2002, it damaged the building and some valuable icons. The construction of a new Old- Believers church was begun on the place of the burnt down old chapel. The sanctification of the building was on October 26, 2008.
Rating by site visitors:
Address:
Rīgas Street 135, Krāslava, Krāslavas nov., LV-5601
Phones:
Mob.phone: +371 29399617

More information ...

Cultural-historical objects ...

Rate:
1 2 3 4 5