The ancient settlement is located on the very bank of the River Daugava. It had already been inhabited during the 8-13th centuries. It is considered to be the place where Daugavpils was founded. The ruins of the Dinadurg castle, built in 1275 and a miniature model of the castle (1997) can be seen on the mound. The rest area named The Glade of Knights is near.
Rating by site visitors:
Vecpils, Naujene parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Phone: +371 65471321, +371 65422818
More information ...