Meikšāni, Pasienes pagasts, Zilupes nov., LV 5732
Phone: 371 657 29925 (pagasta padome). Mob.phone: 371 28656530 (gide-Ilga Ivanova)
Burial-mound of friendship is the mound with oak-tree in the centre of it. It was planted in 1959. in honour of friengship of three nation countries, in struggles on the borders meeting place of Russia, Byelorussia and Latvia. There is a possibility to visit this place only with passports and with permits, which are given by border control post Pasiene. The group of sculptures " Latvia in the sign of sun" is made by sculptor V. Titans. They are placed at the endpoints of the north, the east, the south, the west of Republic of Latvia. District Pasiene is located on the east of Latvia, therefore here is placed Austras tree as landmark of east border of Latvia.
Rikava, Rikavas pagasts, Rēzeknes novads, Rēzeknes nov., LV - 4648
Phone: +371 64607081 (pašvaldība)
The count Riks supported to built the church in 19. century. The village Rikava has his name. Near the church is cemetary and chapel, where is located the place of a grave of count Riks. The local cultural monument.
Ciskādi, Sakstagala pagasts, Rēzeknes novads, Rēzeknes nov., LV - 4638
Phone: +371 64640550 (pašvaldība). Mob.phone: +371 29 357 792
The church was build of bricks in Romanesque style. Here you shall be able to see the picture “Madonna and Child”, crucifix, and organ.
Bebrene (Bebrenes jaunie kapi) ,Bebrenes pagasts, Ilūkstes novads, Ilūkstes nov.
Phone: +371 26109353
The family voult of counts Platers, which was built in 1875, is placed on the Young Bebrenes Catholic parochial cemetery. It is built in Gothic style from bricks, later plastered.
Ludza, Ludza, Ludzas nov., LV 5701
Phone: 371 657 07203. Mob.phone: 371 29467925
The guides of Local history museum in Ludza will show all the places, which are connected with the history of Jewish nation in the side of ludza.
Kalupe, Kalupe parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Mob.phone: +371 29155921
In 1861. was set foundation of the church in Kalupe. It was confirmed by dean Kopecs from Līksna. The building of church was stopped for 20 years of the political events. Only in 1881. was signed an agreement with masters for 8925 rubles about the bricks church building in Kalupe. The resources were given by parish, count Platers - Zibergs and dean S. Beinarovichs. After one year the church was built and in 1882. dean S. Beinarovichs confirmed it. This year of building is memorialized on the facade of church: "1882. Deo ornnipotentis" More information : www.visitdaugavpils.lv
Kaunata, Kaunatas pagasts, Rēzeknes novads, Rēzeknes nov., LV - 4622
Phone: +371 64667000 (pašvaldība). Mob.phone: +371 29751333
Rīgas iela 22a, Daugavpils
Mob.phone: +371 29461765
Riebiņu nov., LV-5329
Phone: +371 27533033,
Sprukti, Naujene parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Mob.phone: +371 26790362
The St. Anton Roman Catholic parish church in Sprukti was built from cement bricks for the money of parish and archbishop. It was built 1933. - 1938. The dean V. Kozlovskis, who in his youth was construction technician, worked on construction plan of the church and led the works during the church building.
Laucese, Laucesa parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Mob.phone: +371 29683961
The wooden building of Laucesas St. Peter and Pavil Roman Catholic Church was built 1921. - 1923., on the place of the wooden church, which was built in 1797., but burnt down in 1920.
Nicgale, Nicgale parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Mob.phone: +371 26493629
The stone building of Church of the birth of the Virgin Mary of Roman Catholic parish in Nīcgale was built in 1863. It has the style of Neogothic, It was built by order of count Heinrihs Plater - Zibergs.
Raiņa iela 4, Rēzekne, LV - 4601
Mob.phone: +371 26332249
The local cultural monument. The church was built in 1938., rebuilt and the property of parish from 1994. There is seen altar piece of A. Egle "Kristus glābj slīcējus" ("Christ rescues drowning people"), which half a century was taken for lost.
Rusonas pagasts, Riebiņu nov., LV-5329
Castle mound of Šņepsti, the Large hill, is located on the left side of Preiļi - Aglona road (when going from Preiļi). The hill that resembles a prolonged bread loaf, is 19 meters high. In the South-West side it was fortified with ditches, between which an ascend to the castle mound plateau was located. The plateau and the South descend have been cultivated from ancient times, that is why the dark black cultural layer, that covered the upside of the castle mound, has been mixed and ploughed downwards. The castle mound was destroyed largely by those who were seeking antiques. The local farmers for some Bogomoļeca father in Jaunā manor would carry lots and lots of antiques they found in the castle mound in order to get money. Latvian History musem still holds two oval 5th century lighter stones and other antiques. Some items found in the castle mound currently can be viewed in a musem in Vilnius, Lithuania. A tale tells, that there were two doors on the sides of the castle bound. Behind it a young girl sat with a black dog by her feet. The girl had to collect berries from a thorn bush for seven years. In other tales it was said, that she had lended her money for the local people for some time. One of them didn't pay it back on time and he was tormented be devils.
Sūnupļava, Rundēnu pagasts, Ludzas nov., LV 5739
Mob.phone: 371 29469278
The memorial ensemble for the 10 heroes of different nationalities from the Second World War, who protected the highland Nr. 144 and were fallen. It is located on the roadside Rundēni - Lauderi. The memorial ensemble is made from big boulders.
Rīgas Street (next to House No. 52), Krāslava, Krāslavas nov.
Mob.phone: +371 65623586
Opened on November 11, 2003. It is dedicated to the memory of all victims of Kraslava municipality during the terror of occupational regime. The sculptors are Indulis and Ivo Folkmaņi from Daugavpils. The monument is erected thanks to the initiative of Kraslava department of politically repressed and with the support of the Latvian fund.
Stoļerova, Stoļerovas pagasts, Rēzeknes novads, Rēzeknes nov., LV - 4642
Mob.phone: +371 27128997
The building of the church was finished in 1999.
Rogovka, Nautrēnu pagasts, Rēzeknes novads, Rēzeknes nov., LV - 4652
Phone: +371 64628805 (pašvaldība)
Nautrēni Catholic Church was built from bricks in the Romanesque. It was built on the place of old church 1901. - 1914. Art monument of national importance. In 1939. was bought organ. Price
Goliševa, Goliševas pagasts, Kārsavas nov., LV 5704
Mob.phone: 371 29327265
It is national defensed wooden church, built in Slavic style in 1841.
Liksna, Liksna parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Mob.phone: +371 26498328, +371 26493629
Līksnas Roman Catholic parish St. Jesus heart Church was finished in 1913. It has Neogothic style. The silhouette of the church is the most important dominant of Daugavas valley landscape on the surrounding of Koša lake.