LV EN LT RU DE

Tourism objects

On a map | PRINT_MAP | GET_POI
Cultural-historical objects
Egipte, Medumi parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov., LV-5460
Phone: +371 65476748
Egyptian Lutheran parochial Church in Valkumiesta was started by landlord A. Etingens in 1823. In 1863. was built church's tower. During the First World War the church was ruined, during the Second World War it was totally smashed up. Egyptian Evangelical - Lutheran Church is placed in previous Ilūkstes district. Now it is Daugavpils region, the territory of small district Medumi, near the Republic of Lithuania border. Egyptian Evangelical - Lutheran parish was built by command of Courland duke in 1567. February 28. He wanted to see the new church building. In 1584. Egyptian parish had its own parson. On turn of the 16. and 17. century near the Egyptian Church appeared small village, which was called as Vilkumiests. It is also the real Latvian name of the parish. Egyptian parish had a lot of different wooden churchs, the last of them was ruined during the French War in 1812. Landlord of Kalkūnes and Medņi (Medumi) started to build a stone church in 1823. It was confirmed in 1825. July 5. A Etingens (Oettingen) made the full renovation of church and build a tower in 1863. With the building of Egyptian parish Medņu landlord V. Fistenbergs built a rectory. It was also damaged during the wars, also as the church, because it was placed on the Daugavpils highroad's side. Archives of the parish were destroyed during the French War and especially during the First World War.
Cultural-historical objects
Slutiski, Naujene parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Phone: +371 65471321
40 m high. It is placed in country park "Daugavas loki"
Cultural-historical objects
Rītupes iela 9, Bērzgale, Bērzgales pagasts, Rēzeknes novads, Rēzeknes nov., LV - 4612
Mob.phone: +371 28345990
The Church was built in 1750. It has formal likeness with Aglonas basilica.
Cultural-historical objects
Bērzgale, Aglonas novads, LV 5304
Phone: 653 22100. Mob.phone: 371 26134126
The church was built 1744.- 1751. It is one of the oldest wooden Churches in Latvia. Here can be visited 32 art monuments, among them the organ.
Cultural-historical objects
Partizānu un Brīvības ielas krustojums, Balvi, Balvu nov., LV-4501
The monument for killed soldiers of Latgale partisans regiment is called by people "Staņislavs". The first time was placed in 1938., demolished two times, and after long years in 1993. it was placed on the same place. The creators of the restored monument are I. Folkmanis and A. Jansons.
Cultural-historical objects
5 Nikolaja Street, Daugavpils
Phone: +371 65424043. Mob.phone: +371 28686331
Cultural-historical objects
Stacijas iela 36, Kārsava, Kārsavas nov., LV 5717
Mob.phone: 371 20235963
Wonderful wooden Orthodox Church was built in Slavic style, with the large garden, where good known father Viktor listens to the believrs. Exursions around the Kārsava city guides a school guide.
Cultural-historical objects
Lauderi, Lauderu pagasts, Zilupes nov., LV 5722
Phone: 657 29678 (pagasta padome). Mob.phone: 371 26592725
National defensed Orthodox wooden Church was built in 18.century, valuable pieces of art and sacred pieces.
Cultural-historical objects
Salnava, Salnavas pagasts, Kārsavas nov., LV 5740
Mob.phone: 371 29327265
The church with a lot of legends was built in 1770. It is on national protection. From the very beginning the church was built as the chapel of landlord of Salnava, later it was the branch office of the parish of Kārsava. In 1989. the church was rebuilt and registered as the parish church of Salnava.
Cultural-historical objects
Baznīcas Street 2a, Krāslava, Krāslavas nov., LV-5601
Phone: +371 65623939, +371 65622201
The church is one of the most characteristic samples of Baroque style in Latgale. The first church was built in 1580-1590 by Miķelis de Brunavs, and it was wooden. The current stone church was constructed from 1755 to 1767, built according to the sketches of the Italian architect Antonio Parako. The altarpiece “St. Ludvik Leaves for Crusade” represents the artistic culmination of the interior. It is one of the most valuable art findings of the last years. The masterpiece gives a wonderful lighting effect. There are two portraits of the 2nd half of the 18th century made by the Italian painter Filipo Castaldi: one is the portrait of Count Konstantīns Ludvigs Plāters and the second - Countess Augusta Plāters (born as Oginska), who were the founders of the church. The church features a Baroque pulpit, seven confessionals (middle of the 18th century and later), paintings in the side altars, among the most notable the following must be mentioned – St. Jāzeps, St. Antonijs, St. Vincents, St. Juris, St. Stanislavs and others. Talking about Krāslava Catholic Church and its significance for the region, one should pay attention to the martyr St. Donat’s relics that attract numerous Pilgrims making Krāslava town the second most significant pilgrimage place in Latgale after Aglona Catholic basilica. In 1790 thanks to the meditation of Pope Pia VI the holiday of St. Donat with the remission of people’s sins was proclaimed that it is celebrated on the first Sunday after St.Peter’s Day. Under the auspices of the church, there has been the first higher education institution in Latvia - Krāslava theological seminary. Working hours from May to September: the church is opened 6:30 – 18:30, on other time please book excursion in advance! The opportunity to apply for organic music concerts, where compositions of J. S. Bach, G. F. Handel, D. D. Shostakovich and R. A. Schumann are played. Telephone for applying for a concert: +371 28846157. In 2015 in the church were finished ambitious restoration works. The restoration of impressive painting – altar fresco titled “St. Ludwig Leaves for Crusade” took 12 years, the author of the work was Filippo Castaldi, painting is dated to 18th century 60-ties.
Cultural-historical objects
Baltinava, Baltinavas pagasts, Baltinavas nov., LV 4594
Mob.phone: + 371 29341738 (muzejs)
It is very intersting not only from architectonic point of view, but also with its history of built - foundation-stone was placed in 1909., but building work was finished in 1931.
Cultural-historical objects
Puša, Pušas pagasts, Rēzeknes novads, Rēzeknes nov., LV - 4635
Phone: +371 64646045 (pašvaldība). Mob.phone: +371 26578624
The wooden church was built in 1760. It was settling place of Dominicans. There are 3 altars with woodcuts. It is the national cultural monument.
Cultural-historical objects
Cirišu iela 8, Aglonas pagasts, Aglonas nov., LV 5304
Phone: 371 653 81109. Mob.phone: 371 29188740
Aglonas icon of Miracleworker Virgin. pictures of 14 Crossroad. White hall. In 1699. was built cloister. There is continuous adoration to St Altar Sacrament already 10 years.
Cultural-historical objects
Ambeli parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Mob.phone: +371 29470188
Ambelu St. Jurijs Church is wooden building. It is 13 m high and 8 m wide, with slate roof, layed stones foundation. There are not big turret with Cross on the roof. There are not concrete versions about Churchs built, but some information shows, that 1782. church was already here.
Cultural-historical objects
Pils 6, Krāslava, Krāslavas nov., LV-5601
Phone: +371 65623586, +371 65622201
18th century architectual monument of national importance. Built from 1750 to 1791. At the beginning of 19th century it was rebuilt in accordance with the canons of Classicism. It is the only castle in Latgale with such decor (architect A. Parako). Krāslava palace is the only palace in Latgale with such a decor. The manager's house, stables and servants' house were built next to the palace.
Cultural-historical objects
Baltinava, Baltinavas pagasts, Baltinavas nov., LV-4594
Mob.phone: + 371 29341738 (muzejs)
In the park has partly stayed a set sundial (trees plantation on the certain circle) from the 19. century. There is built a variety in the farther part of the park, where happens different cultural arrangements in summer, the most remarkable of them is musical festival Osvalds.
Cultural-historical objects
Bebrene, Bebrenes pagasts, Ilūkstes novads, Daugavpils rajons, Ilūkstes nov., LV-5439
Phone: +371 65407909. Mob.phone: +371 26109353
Bebrenes castle complex is placed in Bebrenes park, which is one of the most expressive english landscape style parks in Latvia. In castle complex is included in 1896. built counts Platers - Zibergs castle (now Bebrenes secondary school), castle gate, kitchen building, steward house, maisonnette above cellar, mill (1836.) and stables. Count Stanislavs Kostka Platers - Zibergs started to build the castle at the end of 19. century. He possessed Bebrenes estate. The most important castle building was built in French renesance style (Polish architect L. J. L. Markoni, 1834. - 1919.). There is partly saved catacomb from castle cellar to kitchen building till our days. In Bebrenes new cemetery is seen also counts family vault (built in 1875.)
Cultural-historical objects
Baltinava, Baltinavas pagasts, Baltinavas nov., LV-4594
Mob.phone: + 371 29341738 (muzejs)
It is built in 1901.
Cultural-historical objects
Bērzpils iela 17, Balvi, Balvu nov., LV-4501
Phone: +371 29638005
In 2005. celebrated the Church 90 years.
Cultural-historical objects
Vabole, Vabole parish, Daugavpils region, Daugavpils nov.
Mob.phone: +371 28213377, +371 29964210
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 … 10 >>